THE  DOVER WAR MEMORIAL  PROJECT

 

war memorial at dusk, photographed by Michelle Cooper


Buckland Wesleyan

GREAT WAR MEMORIAL


History

The memorial is a tablet of white marble in the form of a partially open scroll, on a slab of black slate, made by C A Ashman of Dover. It was unveiled on 5th May 1920 by the Mayor of Dover. The Rev James Claude Whiting was the Minister. The site is now the King's Hall and used for functions, the church having amalgamated with St Columba and the Wesleyan Mission in a combined home at The Beacon.



Buckland Roll of Honour
To the Glory of God and in Proud and Grateful Memory of Those who Gave their Lives for King and Country in the Great War 1914-1918
 

Arthur William Ackehurst
Alexander John Bean
Frederick George Chandler
Harold Charles Chase
Frank Cooke
Leonard Dadds MM
Lingard H M Davis
Arthur Dawes
William Edward Fuller MM
Harry Knott Graves
Ernest Charles Hedgecock
John William Lewis
Hugh Farquhar Macpherson
John Robert Nash
Thomas William H Piper
Albert Henry Snelling
William Waters


with  thanks to Tony Belsey



Copyright 2006 - 14 Marilyn Stephenson-Knight. All Rights Reserved