THE  DOVER WAR MEMORIAL  PROJECT

 

war memorial at dusk, photographed by Michelle Cooper


St Mary the Virgin, Cannon Street

 

Unveiled 24th November 1921

by

L/Col Christopher Middlemass Davidson

(more here)

dedicated by the Bishop of Dover

St Mary's memorial, by Simon Chambers

 

The Front Panel reads:

To the Glory
of
God
and in Affectionate
Memory of the Men
of St Mary's Parish and
Congregation who
gave their lives
for God, King and
Country in the
Great War 1914-1918

 



Copyright 2006 Marilyn Stephenson-Knight. All Rights Reserved