THE  DOVER WAR MEMORIAL  PROJECT

 

war memorial at dusk, photographed by Michelle Cooper


St Barnabas

OAK TABLET


History

The tablet was dedicated on 11 February 1923 by the Rev E J Hampson. It was situated in the north chancel, close to the vestry door. Made by Messrs Whittle & Co, and harmonising with the pulpit and other furniture



To the Glory of God and in everlasting remembrance of the following Communicants of this Church who gave their lives for their country in the Great War, 1914-1918
William Ash Armstrong  Thomas Llewellyn Keen
Ernest William Chadwick Albert Henry Morrison
Maurice Randall Ashwick Ernest Packer
Hyla Padgham Hart Leonard Theodore Saunders
May they rest in peace


with  thanks to Tony Belsey


Copyright 2013 Marilyn Stephenson-Knight. All Rights Reserved