THE  DOVER WAR MEMORIAL  PROJECT

 

war memorial at dusk, photographed by Michelle Cooper


Holy Trinity Memorial Hall

Memorial Home Latest News Casualty Index Information Index Search Forum
 

HOLY TRINITY HALL MEMORIAL 1914-18

This Hall was built in memory of the men and others connected with it

who fought and fell in the Great War   “whoso loseth his life shall save it”

S. ADDLEY

J.S.DUNBAR

W.J.ARNOLD

A.G.ELLENDER

E.W.AUSTIN

R.A.ELLENDER

G.BARBER

T.H. ERRY

W.J.BERRY

A.T.FOWLER

W.V.BLIGH

H.F.FISHER

B.J. BRAND

E.W.GATEHOUSE

G.J.BROMLEY

H.GRAVES

H.P.COOMBER

T.GRIFFITHS

A.COOPER

A.HOPPER

W.J.CROFT

A.E.HOPPER

A.E.CROOCKEWIT

L.B.HOLYMAN

A.E.CURTIS

W.HOWARD

G.E.DATLEN

C.HUMPHREY

A.B.DAVIS

W.C.JENNER

K.J.T.KEYTON

G.RIGDEN

.J.WELLARD

A.SMITH

W.S.B. LASLETT

T.E.SPAIN

G.E.LOCKE

W.P.SPINNER

A.R.MARBROOK

B.B.SQUIRE

G. McNIER

E.P. STEVENS

C.H.MILLNE

W.H.STEWART

A.W.NEWTON

H.C. USHERWOOD

F.J. NORRIS

A.H. WATTS

H.E.NORRIS

E. WELCH

G.W. PARKER

A.G.WICKS

C. PHIPPS

H.P.WILSON

E. PHIPPS

A.G. YOUNG

F. PHIPPS

H.J. FRENCH

J. PHIPPS

D. PULHAM

G.H. PILCHER

A.G.YOUNG

A.G. PORT

H.J. FRENCH

C.O.B. EVERETT

D.PULHAM

The hall was demolished when the A20 was extended

The list is now contained in the St Mary's Book of Remembrance

***

Note: the last three names are repeated

The plaque of names was erected in the hall, which was 48 feet long by 28 feet wide and could seat around 250 people There was a raised platform, with access to a reading room which could also be used as a dressed room. The walls were of brick, faced with red brick and rough cast, and the roof was constructed of steel and covered with russet brown asbestos slates. The floor was of wooden blocks. There was electric lighting and gas radiator heating.  The hall was designed by Mr A T Miller of Castle Street and built by Messrs G Lewis and Sons of Widred Road.

The Holy Trinity War Memorial Hall was opened (above) with a golden key by Lady Hamond  on 13 July 1927, the foundation stone having been laid by Lady Violet Astor on 6 May 1927.

with thanks to the Kent Family History Society (KFHS) for permission to use the transcription made by members and published in
"The Parish Church of St Mary's, Dover; Interior Memorial Inscriptions Recorded between 1991 and May 2000

with thanks to Kathleen Hollingsbee


Copyright 2006 © Marilyn Stephenson-Knight. All Rights Reserved